from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Street Art Again

Mexico City is awash in street art, and on almost every trip here I publish at least one entry with photos of more art that I have encountered as I wander the streets.

This mural was recently painted on a wall in Alejandro's neighborhood.



The rest of these photos were taken in the district of Roma.  I was walking back to the apartment from downtown, taking some streets along which I had not traveled before.  Those streets proved to be a treasure trove of outdoor art.




The inscription, written in a native language as well as in Spanish, is interesting...
"When I die my 'huipil' (the traditional garment of indigenous women) will flower."




This mural appears to honor the rebels of the Zapatista uprising of 1994 in the state of Chiapas.  But the rebels are portrayed holding musical instruments instead of rifles.









No comments:

Post a Comment