from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, April 2, 2022

A Splash of Yellow

The daffodils have begun to bloom.  I have a lot of them planted in various spots in my garden.  However, the last several years, only a few clumps of daffodils seem to bloom well.  


I thought that perhaps the bulbs need to be thinned out, but the clump in the picture above is no less crowded than the others.  I looked at a couple of websites on how to grow daffodils, and none of them mentioned the need to thin the bulbs.  When the bulbs do not produce flowers, they are said to be going "blind".  One website said that they have fallen too deep into the soil and need to be lifted; another said that the bulbs simply need to be moved to a new location.  I need to do something about them later this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment