city at night

city at night

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Rain in the City, Snow in the Mountains

The rainy season in Mexico City usually doesn't begin in earnest until June.  However this spring it seems that we have received more rain than normal.  The mornings and early afternoons have been sunny, but later in the afternoon the clouds roll in, and sometimes, around four or five o'clock, it rains.  Yesterday, however, the rain didn't wait until late afternoon.  By two 'clock we had a downpour, and with it a drop in temperature.  When the rain stopped I went out to go to the supermarket.  I was still wearing a t-shirt, and I was chilly.  Later when I went out to eat, I put on a jacket. 

Around sunset, the sky had partially cleared and we had some sunshine. I went to the "Webcams de México" website to see if the precipitation had fallen as snow on the volcano Popocatépetl. Sure enough, the peak was covered in a white mantel.










No comments:

Post a Comment