from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Snuggling Up with an Axolotl

In my last post I wrote about the new fifty peso banknote which has won an international award for its design.  A number of entrepreneurs have jumped on this, and are now manufacturing towels, bedspreads and throws featuring the image of the fifty peso bill.  These products are based on the reserve side of the bill which has the image of an "axolotl", an endangered species of salamander living in the canals of Xochimilco on the south side of Mexico City.  I suppose it would be illegal to create a product that is an exact replica of the banknote, so the "axolotl" is portrayed as a cute, cartoon-like character.

(image taken from the internet)

I was thinking about buying one for myself.  Alejandro found the products on "Mercado Libre", Mexico's answer to Amazon.  He came across a throw that says "Hecho en México"... "Made in Mexico".  (I didn't want something made in China.)  He has already ordered one for me, and it will arrive at his house on Thursday.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment