city at night

city at night

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Jacarandas

I suspect that I have published a blog article every year featuring photos of Mexico City's jacaranda trees in bloom.  There are thousands of these trees in the city, and their purple flowers make early spring a good time to visit.  They begin flowering in the winter.  During my annual trips in January / February I see the first trees blossoming.  Now the jacaranda season is drawing to a close.  Some trees have already dropped their flowers, littering the sidewalks with their violet petals.   However, there are still plenty of blooming trees to admire.  Most of these photos were taken along Juárez Avenue and the adjacent park, the Alameda Central.










2 comments:

  1. Jacarandas are among my favorite trees for their beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very much a part of springtime in Mexico City.

      Delete