city at night

city at night

Saturday, April 3, 2021

The Joy of Negativity

 

(image taken from the web)

As I told you earlier in the week, even though I am fully vaccinated, I voluntarily took a COVID test out of an abundance of caution prior to my trip.  Afterwards, this worry-wart started regretting that I had taken the test.  "What if it comes back a false positive?" I kept thinking.  Would I dare travel to Mexico, even though it was most likely a false reading?  There probably wouldn't be enough time to take another test and get the results before my departure date.  I kept reassuring myself that the PCR test which I had is much more accurate than the "quick test".  Still I couldn't help fretting a little and anxiously awaiting the results.  I didn't expect to hear from the pharmacy until Monday, just two days before my departure.  However this afternoon the phone rang.  It was a nurse from the pharmacy.  At first I thought the worst.  I was expecting to be notified via email, not a call from a nurse.  She must be calling to give me bad news.  She asked my date of birth, and then told me that I was negative.  I don't know if she could hear my sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment