from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Celebrating Easter a Week Late

A year ago, before the global pandemic had burst upon the world scene, I had planned to be in Mexico for Easter.  Whenever Easter has fallen during my April trip to Mexico I have always had an Easter egg hunt for Alejandro's nephew Ezra.  Last year Easter fell the Sunday after my planned arrival, and I had bought the plastic eggs, bags of candies, and a cute "bunny bag" in which he could collect the eggs.  Of course that trip never occurred.  This year Easter came the Sunday before my arrival, but since I still had the materials for the egg hunt (I bought new bags of candies), the "Easter bunny" came a week later.

On Saturday night, while the rest of the family was upstairs watching a movie (Ezra and his mom live in the upstairs portion of the house), Alejandro and I went downstairs, filled all the plastic eggs with candy and hid them all around.  On Sunday morning Ezra came downstairs and found his "bunny bug" awaiting him in a visible spot.  And the hunt was on!



Even though Ezra is getting older, he still takes delight in these egg hunts.  I was looking at the dates for Easter for the next few years, and it will coincide with my April trip in 2022 and 2023.  As long as he does not think it is too childish, we will continue with our Easter egg tradition.


.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment