city at night

city at night

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Moving the Monster

Each summer I move some of my houseplants outside to give them more light.  That was my task today.

First I moved my two potted jasmine plants to the patio behind my bedroom.


If you look closely you can see that the jasmine to the left already has a couple blossoms.
The flower box behind them unfortunately will remain empty this summer.  I do not have time to plant annuals there since I leave next week for Mexico.

The big chore was to take my rubber tree plant outside.  


I have had this plant for many years, and from a little twig it has grown into a monster.  In the pot, it stands well over five feet tall.  The tallest branch is almost as tall as I.  There is no way that I can carry it.  I have to drag it outside.   Rubber tree plants do indeed become trees given enough room to spread their roots.  I always marvel at the rubber trees which line some of the streets in Mexico City.

I suppose that eventually this plant will grow so big that I won't be able to get it out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment