city at night

city at night

Friday, June 23, 2017

Busy Weekend

I have been faithfully writing one or two entries ever since I arrived in Mexico City.  However this short post is probably all that I will have time for until next week.  It is going to be a very busy weekend.  On Thursday some relatives and friends of Alejandro arrived for a long weekend visit to the city.  

Today, since Alejandro had to work, it was my duty to play tour guide.  (It's rather ironic that the only "gringo" in the group was the tour guide.)  They wanted to go to the Basilica of Guadalupe, and then shopping for handicrafts.

Tomorrow we will be leaving the city early in the morning to go on a full day's outing to Valle del Bravo, a lakeside resort and picturesque colonial town about three hours from Mexico City.  More activities are planned for Sunday.

So, readers... ¡hasta lunes!... until Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to hear all about Valle de Bravo. I've wanted to go there for at least 30 years, but have not succeeded as yet. I've heard it is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it turns out, we didn't go there. However a few years ago we went to Valle del Bravo, and it is indeed lovely.

      Delete