from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Now Blooming in the Garden

I am finally done with my flower beds.  There is still work to be done... manicuring tasks such as edging, trimming and sweeping... but my garden is now looking like a garden.

The latest blossom to appear, one that I have not previously pictured on the blog, is the Mexican primrose. 



This perennial plant is native to the Mexican states of Chihuahua and Coahuila, but it also grows well in 28 of the states of the U.S.  The plants grow to about ten inches in height, and have pretty pink flowers with yellow throats.   It will supposedly continue blossoming throughout the summer if you keep removing the spent flowers so that it does not go to seed.  However, I have found that to be a difficult task.  Probably when I return from my next trip to Mexico, they will be done blooming.

The only downside with the Mexican primrose is that they can be invasive.



No comments:

Post a Comment