zocalo

zocalo

Monday, September 11, 2023

Lunch with a Friend

One thing which I must absolutely do before I head to Mexico is to get together with all my friends.  So, in addition to having a lot to accomplish in preparation for the move, I am going to have a very busy social schedule.

Yesterday my friend and former colleague Katie invited me to her house for lunch.  So, I took a welcome break from my housecleaning chores and drove to her home.

(photo taken by Katie's son Christian)


Katie was a member of our foreign language department and taught French.  She is still teaching at another school district.  Her husband Olivier is a native of France.  I attended their wedding many years ago, and I have watched their two children grow up.  Their daughter Nina graduated from college last year and, for the time being, is living in France.  Their son Christian is a senior in high school.  So, my friendship with the family goes back many years.

Olivier's work takes him all over the world.  Unfortunately, he was not there; he was on his way to Barcelona.  But Katie, Christian and I had, as always, a delightful visit.  This was not farewell.  I will have to visit again in October after Olivier returns from his business trip, and they have assured me that they will be visiting me in Mexico after I have made the move.

Definitely one of the things that I will miss when I am living south of the border will be my many dear friends.


Katie and Christian


2 comments: