zocalo

zocalo

Friday, September 22, 2023

A Birthday Celebration

My schedule is very full for the coming weeks.  Not only am I busy getting ready for my move to Mexico, but I have a busy social calendar getting together with friends before I leave Ohio.

Last night a group of us met to celebrate the birthday of our friend Gayle.  Gayle and I go back all the way to kindergarten.  We really weren't close in school, but in later years, being nearly the only ones in our graduating class still living in our childhood homes, we have become good friends.  There were five of us all together...  Duffy, who was also in our class, his husband Carlos, and my friend Frank, who has come to know them all well.

We went to a nearby Italian restaurant and had a delicious supper.


We then went back to Duffy's house where we had a birthday cake.  Gayle was serenaded with "Happy Birthday", the Puerto Rican birthday song (Duffy and Carlos have a home in Puerto Rico) and "Las Mañanitas", the Mexican birthday song.



It was a great evening with good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment