zocalo

zocalo

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Deep Cleaning

I will soon be putting my house in Ohio up for sale.  In fact, tomorrow I have a meeting with a realtor.  Before I sell the house, I want to give the everything a "deep cleaning"... moving the furniture and appliances and cleaning all areas you don't see.

Before I left on my most recent trip to Mexico, I deep cleaned the two bedrooms and the living room.  Yesterday I began on the kitchen.  I moved the stove and cleaned behind it (what a mess!).  I started washing all the kitchen cabinets with Murphy's Oil Soap.  I cleared everything off the shelves, threw out stuff that I won't need in the (hopefully) short time that I remain here, and washed the shelves.  There is still a lot to do, and I expect to be very busy in the coming weeks. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Whoever buys your house will be so happy you did such a thorough cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine bought a house a couple years ago. The former owner was a cat owner, and my friend said the shelves of the kitchen cupboards were covered with cat hair. Well, I have no cat hair, but there is a layer of dust that I am washing away.
      By the way, the realtor came to the house today, and I have signed the papers. The house goes on the market on Monday.

      Delete