zocalo

zocalo

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

For Sale


Yesterday the house went on the market.  Monday morning the real estate agent put a sign up in the front yard, and within an hour my house appeared on Zillow and other realty websites.  Before noon I had received a call from a realtor asking for showing that afternoon.  Of course, I had to leave the house.  It was a nice day, so I went out for a walk.  I went around the block, and by the time I returned to my street, I could see that the realtor and the client were already pulling out of my driveway.  They had only been there for about fifteen minutes, so obviously the potential buyer was not interested.  

Later in the afternoon, a liquidator recommended by my agent arrived to look at what has to be cleared out of the house.  (Since the condo that I am buying is already furnished, I will move only a very small number of items from my house.)  They looked at every room and did not seem fazed even by a few larger items that I worried would be difficult to remove from the house.  Once I have a buyer, we can schedule a date for them to do the liquidation.

In the evening, I received another call to schedule a showing this afternoon.  So, I will have to get out again.

I am hoping that the house sells within a short period of time.  I am pessimistic since the house has only one bathroom, a big drawback.  But everyone tells me that the house will sell quickly.  Fingers crossed that they are right.


No comments:

Post a Comment