zocalo

zocalo

Friday, September 29, 2023

A Quick Trip to Chicago

On Tuesday I took a quick trip to Chicago to visit my friends Tony and Terence.  I had not seen them since before the pandemic, and I wanted to say goodbye before I make the move to Mexico.  

I left Cleveland around 8:00 in the morning.  I was a dreary, gray day, and, as we headed out over Lake Erie, we were soon above the clouds.





It's a quick flight of less than an hour, and by the time we had descended below the clouds we were almost at Chicago's O'Hare Airport.



We spent the day talking and catching up on everything that had been going on for the last several years.  Later, we went out for dinner at one of their favorite restaurants, "Las Mañanitas" which is just a few blocks from their place.  It's a Mexican restaurant, and definitely a cut above the typical restaurant that claims to serve "authentic Mexican cuisine".

Tony had oxtail, which he said was excellent and fall-off-the bone tender.  Terence and I both had Yucatan chicken.


  

Looking out over Lake Michigan from their apartment the next morning


Before noon I took a taxi to head back to the airport, and by late afternoon I had returned to Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment