zocalo

zocalo

Friday, August 11, 2023

Another Year Older

My August trip to Mexico allowed me to celebrate my birthday with my husband and my Mexican family.

They took me out to an Argentinian steakhouse for dinner. We ordered the "tabla para seis"... a board of steak, chicken and sausages for six people served with sides of salad, rice and French fries.  It was a lot of food, and we ended up taking some home.


Alejandro's nephew Ezra took pictures with his cell phone, and he added stickers to the photos.  Quite appropriate since I readily admit that I am a dinosaur!





But this photo, without stickers, is a very nice portrait of my husband and me.


We then returned to the house and had cake.  That morning Alejandro bought a special cake that we really like and which we have found in only one bakery.  You may recall that on several occasions we have had this unique "baklava cake".  It's a cheesecake topped with slices of baklava.  Decadently delicious!  



The family sang "Las Mañanitas", the traditional Mexican birthday song, and I blew out my candle.  The cake was not big enough to put one candle for each of my many years, and we didn't want to risk burning the house down.  😁

2 comments: