zocalo

zocalo

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Getting the Mail

I have written before that the Mexican postal service is insanely slow and unreliable.  We complain about our postal service in the U.S., but, believe me, it is "Speedy González" compared to the service down here.  So, another one of my goals to accomplish on this trip was to look into a private mail service.

Do you remember "Mailboxes, Etc.", a business which used to exist in the U.S.?  Well, like so many companies that have bit the dust back home (Sears, Woolworths, Radio Shack), it still exists in Mexico. Yesterday, after I had taken care of my residency visa, Alejandro and I drove to one of the "Mailboxes, Etc." offices to inquire about their services.  


The lady that I talked to said that I can sign up online for a free post-office box in Miami.  My mail would then be shipped from Miami to whichever office in Mexico City I choose, I would pick my mail up there and pay for the delivery.  Well, I looked at their website this morning, and I couldn't find anything about signing up for a post-office box in Florida.  I thought that I had easily taken care of another one of my goals, but I have not.  So, next week I am going to have to go back to that office and have one of their employees take me by the hand and guide me through the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment