zocalo

zocalo

Friday, August 4, 2023

"Tortas" for Breakfast

I mentioned previously that I had a "torta" for breakfast during my layover at the Chicago airport.  A "torta" is a Mexican sandwich served on one of two types of rolls... either a "bolillo" which has a crunchy crust or a "telera" which is softer.

Yesterday, my first morning back at Alejandro's house, I had "tortas" again for breakfast since there were left-over "bolillos" that needed to be used.  As a filling for the "torta" Alejandro made scrambled eggs mixed with black beans.


For a bit of spice, I added a garnish of slices of pickled jalapeño peppers.  The "tortas" were very good, and I had two of them.  To drink, we had Mexican hot chocolate prepared in the blue kettle that you see above.


¡Deliciosa!

No comments:

Post a Comment