from airplane

from airplane

Friday, June 17, 2022

The Next Three Projects

Not all of the outdoor projects that need to be accomplished this month involve gardening.

First, the gutters needed to be cleaned out.  I used to clean them myself, but I'm getting too old to be up on a ladder.  I usually call the company that did my roof and siding.  I called twice and they said they would get back to me.  The maple seeds in the gutter were sprouting into little trees, and the job needed to be done before I could move on to other projects that had to be completed.  When I called a third time, the lady finally explained to me that they were short of staff, and she did not know when they would be able to schedule me.  

I thought that perhaps I was going to have to do the gutter cleaning myself, but I remembered that my friend Gail hires someone to take care of her gutters.  So, I gave her a call and asked for the name and phone number of her guy.  I immediately called the number and left a message.  Within a couple of hours, he called back and said that he could come that same afternoon.  So, project number one was completed.

Blowing out the debris from the gutters had left a mess on the patios and siding, but that was OK since my next project was to power wash the exterior of the house and the patios.  That is a job that I do myself.  After getting new siding put on the house a couple years ago, I purchased a power washer.  I am now in the middle of that project.  One side of the house, most of the back, and the two patios have now been washed.  The completed areas look nice and clean.


The forecast calls for nice weather the next several days, so I should have that job completed this weekend.  

The third project that must be done is to wash all the windows and screens.  It's certainly a job that I am capable of doing, but, honestly, I hate doing windows!  For the last several years I have hired my friend Frank to do them.  So, as soon as I am done with the power washing, I will give him a call.

(Hi, Frank!  I know you always read the blog.)       

No comments:

Post a Comment