from airplane

from airplane

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Gifts for Mexico

I have two months before I return to Mexico, but I have already bought gifts to take down there for Alejandro and his family.  I am not taking as many gifts as I have on some trips.  I probably could fit them all in a carry-on, however I still have some more items to buy that are liquid which would not be allowed. 

Here's what I have purchased so far.  (I am not showing the presents for Alejandro since he looks at my blog from time to time.) 


For Alejandro's dad, I bought an Ohio t-shirt.  For his sister Sandra I got a Cleveland Guardians t-shirt.  (Our major league baseball team, the Cleveland Indians, has changed their name to the Guardians.)  I also ordered her another box of N-95 facemasks.  (She works in a hospital and has to wear a mask every day.)  For Alejandro's nephew Ezra, I found at Sam's Club a selection of three kid's t-shirts.  I thought he might enjoy a book of Sudoku puzzles since math is his favorite subject.  (I found a book that has instructions in Spanish as well as in English.)

It then dawned on me that Ezra's birthday will be in September after I have returned to Ohio.

So, yesterday I went to Target and got a couple things that Alejandro can give to him from me.  I found a rather cool Batman t-shirt, and a Lego set based on the latest Jurassic Park movie.

One day this month or next, I want to take a drive down to the Cuyahoga Valley to a farm store that sells a variety of products that would not be easily found in Mexico.  I'm going to buy a bottle of genuine Ohio maple syrup, a jar of horseradish, a jar of apple butter... and... who knows what else I might find?

No comments:

Post a Comment