city at night

city at night

Friday, January 7, 2022

The Forecast

The West and the East coasts have been hit by heavy snow, but here in Ohio I woke up to a dusting of snow.


There are a few flakes of snow flying, but we are not expected to get more than 1/3 of an inch of snow... certainly not enough to bother getting out the snowblower.  Even the east side of Cleveland, the notorious "snow belt", apparently did not get much more than here in the western suburbs.  It is very cold, however.  As I write this the temperature is 15 F.

Looking at the forecast for the next few days it seems as if I will be spared any major snow before my departure for Mexico next Tuesday.  On Sunday there is a good chance of precipitation, but since the high temperature will be 41 F, it will probably be in the form of rain.

On the day that I leave, it will be cloudy and very cold again (with a high of only 19 F), but there will only be a 4% chance of precipitation.  It looks as if I will be able to make my escape... barring any flight cancelations... before any heavy winter weather sets in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment