from airplane

from airplane

Thursday, January 13, 2022

A Camera Disguised as a Phone

Now that I have gained a grain of competence using the smart phone (just a grain, since I am still struggling to figure it out), I decided to try it out for taking some more photos.  Here are a few pictures I took while walking around the neighborhood.


Here is my street in the Mexico City "colonia" of Nápoles...
a neighborhood named after an Italian city where all the streets bear the names of states and cities in the United States.  My apartment is on Texas Street.




The recently completed building in the background houses offices of the Mexico City judiciary.



When the neighborhood was first developed in the 1940s the houses were built in a neo-colonial style.  Some of those houses still stand, although today much of the neighborhood consists of modern apartment buildings.  In the background is the World Trade Center.

During this time of year I like passing by that house pictured above.  In front there is an enormous poinsettia plant... actually, tree would be a better word... which is in bloom during the winter months.


So what do I think of my new camera disguised as a phone?  Well, this is not a super-duper, high-end model with a professional quality camera.  (And frankly, I wouldn't want to be walking around with a super-expensive phone.)  The photos here look very nice, but if I enlarge them I can see that the resolution is not as sharp as what I get from my Sony camera.  I also find it very awkward to handle, and if the sun is shining on the screen I can barely see what I am taking a photo of.  I will find it useful if I should be without my camera, and I see something that I really want to capture for the blog.  Call me a dinosaur, but I will continue to use my trusty, old camera.



2 comments:

  1. You will adapt. I dropped my favorite Lumix Panasonic four years ago and nearly cried. I won't say I like the camera on my Huawei phone but it is all I have and I make the best of a bad situation. It is nice not to be carrying other stuff around.......I sure miss a good zoom lense. Maybe one of these days. Good luck on your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My camera is good quality but quite small. I put it in a little camera bag that I carry cross body. It is really more convenient than sticking a cell phone in my pants pocket.

      Delete