city at night

city at night

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Indulgence for Breakfast

I wrote yesterday that after two days of eating in the apartment, I planned to go out for breakfast this morning.  On Saturdays, the cleaning lady arrives at 9:00.  I am sure that it is easier for her if I am out of her way, so after a bit of chit-chat, I took off.  My favorite place nearby for breakfast, "El Cardenal" is extremely popular on weekend mornings.  Frequently there is a long line for an available table.  But it was still early, the morning was sunny but chilly, and none of the outdoor tables were yet taken.


I ordered a "huarache" with beef rib.  A "huarache" (mostly hidden in this photo under the generous portion of beef) is a oval of fried corn dough covered with beans, lettuce, salsa and cheese.  Along with it I had a cup of Mexican hot chocolate (I always order that for breakfast at "El Cardenal") and the seasonal juice featured at this time, mandarin orange.  I had already consumed a "chocolatín", a yummy pastry filled with chocolate.

As I write this in the afternoon, I am still full from breakfast!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment