from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Odds and Ends

Here are some miscellaneous photos taken during my wanderings around the city...

One of the things you will always see in Mexico City is street art.  Here are a couple examples that I had not noticed before.



In a series of panels, this mural shows a broken vase being put back together again.

Another thing that you will always see is street vendors.  The vendor might simply set up and table and offer some "churros" for sale.



Others have a more elaborate set-up, such as this vendor with his enormous cauldron filled with pork for making "carnitas".



This taco stand has a "trompa" or spit from which meat is sliced off for "tacos al pastor".



Fresh fruits and vegetables for sale on the street corner



Not all of the street vendors are selling food.  I really liked the embroidered shirts at this stand, but I really don't need more clothes.



Two women from the state of Chiapas were selling colorfully embroidered stuffed animals, pillows, table runners, clothing and other items.



An indigenous woman was selling baskets and artificial flowers on the sidewalk along the Paseo de la Reforma.



Surprisingly elegant furniture for sale along the street



Flower stalls are a common sight.
Hmm, I should buy some flowers for the apartment.



Most of the U.S. fast food chains can be found down here.  One late arrival is Popeyes Chicken.  On my last trip I discovered that one had opened not too far from my apartment on Insurgentes Avenue.  Now I see that another branch is soon to opened farther up that same street.  I have to admit that I have never eaten at a Popeyes.  Wouldn't it be ironic if my first experience eating there were in Mexico? 





No comments:

Post a Comment