from airplane

from airplane

Monday, January 17, 2022

Happy to Be in Mexico

It was a beautiful, sunny morning today in Mexico City.



The morning temperature was quite chilly (here at over 7,000 feet above sea level, the climate is not tropical), but I am not going to complain.

I could be back in Ohio experiencing this...



My friend Frank, who house-sits for me, sent me these photos of what it looked like this morning at my home.  At first it seemed that Olmsted Falls, Ohio, was going to be on the fringe of the massive winter storm which has dumped heavy snow from the south to the northeast.  The forecast called for one to three inches of snow, which for northeast Ohio is not a big deal.  I talked with my friend Katie last night on Skype.  She and her husband Olivier were on the road, going to Berea (the next town over from Olmsted Falls) to pick up their daughter.  They were in the middle of a blizzard with white-out conditions.  By the time it was over, Olmsted Falls had 11 inches of snow... although in the first picture, the snow piled on the patio table looks like even more than 11 inches.

Yes, I am glad that I am in Mexico.   

6 comments:

  1. We have about a foot and a half here in Maple. My brother cleared the driveway behind my car. I dug the rest of the car out a little while ago. I'm glad out center was closed for the holiday. And I'm even happier that I don't have to go in until 3 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that if it had not been a holiday, a lot of schools would have had a snow day.
      Take care and stay warm!

      Delete
  2. I wish the pandemic wasn't going on because if it wasn't, I would jump on the bus and come to visit with you. There are several hotels that I have stayed in over the years and I'm sure one of them would be close to where you stay. BUT, it can't happen now. Hope Alejandro is feeling better. Yes, enjoy the blue skies and temperate weather in Mx. It is always cold in the mornings but by 1PM it is so perfect......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could come for a visit in CDMX too. Alejandro and I have also discussed that someday, when the pandemic is over, we could take a weekend drive to San Miguel. Now with the surge in Omicron, I doubt that we will take any excursions this trip, even after he recovers. He is slowly improving, but I suspect it will be another week.

      Delete
  3. Here, snug in Berea, I'm LOVING the view of snow from inside my house. People from other countries, where it's always warm, when introduced to their first snow, gaze in wonder at its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alejandro loved the snow when he visited Ohio during the winter. I am happy to be here, able to dine al fresco and go for long walks every day.

      Delete