city at night

city at night

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Gift Time

It's not Christmas or Three Kings' Day or even anyone's birthday, but my larger carry-on bag was almost completely packed with gifts for Alejandro's family.  As I unpacked and organized the presents, I took some photos of them.

 Alejandro's father always feels the cold in the winter.  (Yes, it can get quite chilly in Mexico City, especially since most homes do not have central heating).  So I bought him a nice fleece pullover and some warm, cozy socks.



Sandra, Alejandro's sister, loves butterflies.  By chance I found a 2022 calendar with pictures of butterflies.  At an outdoor market that is held in the summer in Berea, Ohio, there was an artisan who makes jewelry out of clay.  I bought her a pendent with a stylized etching of the Cleveland skyline.  I also got her a vanilla scented candle in a pumpkin shaped glass holder.  (She might possibly include it in her Day of the Dead "ofrenda" that she puts up every year.)


For Alejandro's nephew Ezra I bought a calendar with photos of puppies, a couple of DVDs ("The Tom and Jerry Movie" and "Hocus Pocus") which have a Spanish language option, a Spiderman wallet (he loves Spiderman), and some clothes.


Yesterday, after dinner, I distributed the gifts, and everyone was really happy with their "un-birthday" presents.

1 comment: