city at night

city at night

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Another Task

 As I mentioned, I will soon be leaving for Mexico again... in fact, I depart a week from today.  The biggest chore that I have to do before my departure is to chop down the plants in the flower beds.  I have already accomplished more than half of that task.


There are a few plants which are autumn bloomers which I have not chopped down.  For example, the toad lilies, with their tiny, orchid-like blossoms are now flowering.



The clump of iris in front of the house has once again put out a second bloom.



At least the weather has been cooperative for my autumn chores.  The high temperatures have been above 70 F, well above normal.  The warm weather is supposed to continue through next week, with predicted highs reaching 80 F on Monday and Tuesday.  I really cannot recall doing my fall gardening chores wearing a tee-shirt and no jacket. Although it is supposed to rain tomorrow, there have been plenty of dry days. 

Well, excuse me now.  I must go outside and continue my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment