from airplane

from airplane

Friday, October 8, 2021

A Couple of Jabs

(image taken from the web)

 In less than a week I have had two shots... and, no, I am not talking about the COVID vaccine (I was vaccinated last spring) nor the booster (a third Moderna shot has not yet been approved).

Last week I went to the pharmacy for my flu shot.  I always get one in October before I leave on my autumn trip to Mexico.  But it is especially important during these times.  Influenza can be a deadly disease, especially for us senior citizens, and during this pandemic hospitals do not need the extra burden of dealing with flu patients.  As usual, I had no reaction... not even a sore arm.

Earlier this week, while I was cutting down the plants in my garden I cut my finger with the pruner.  The wound was fairly deep, and it was bleeding profusely.  I went inside, washed my hands, disinfected the wound and put on a bandage.  I had not had a tetanus shot in more than twenty years, so I thought that it would be a good idea to get one.  So I went back to the pharmacy and asked if they had they had the tetanus booster in stock.  They did, and so I received a shot in my other arm.  I had no reaction to that one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment