city at night

city at night

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Yet Another Sound from the Street

I was sitting in the apartment at night when I heard another one of those unique sounds that are so typical of Mexico City.  I grabbed my camera, opened a window and aimed my camera down at the street below.  From some distance away I heard the recording of the tamale vendor... "Deliciosos tamales oaxaqueños".

After a few moments, the vendor appeared on his bicycle cart with a steamer full of "delicious Oaxacan tamales".


  

2 comments:

  1. Where's the selfie of you chasing him down the way Wes always does when he hears the ice cream truck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Well, as you know, I do not make a habit of eating street food in Mexico. And I do not recall ever seeing anyone buy tamales from one of these vendors. They must be selling to someone however... because they are everywhere in the city.

      Delete