city at night

city at night

Thursday, February 15, 2018

More Walking Along the Freeway

This morning I wrote about the "Ecoducto", a pedestrian pathway being constructed in the middle of the "Viaducto Miguel Alemán", one of Mexico City's major crosstown freeways.

This afternoon I left the condo for one of my long walks.  The weather is finally back to normal.  It was sunny with temperatures warm enough to cast aside the long-sleeve shirts, sweaters, and jackets that I have been wearing.  I was strolling down the east side of Insurgentes Avenue.  When I got to where the avenue passes over the freeway, I saw that the "Ecoducto" was open on that side also.  


However, here the workers were still planting the gardens to either side of the path.



I crossed Chilpancingo Avenue, and more of the path lay ahead.



Along this stretch the gardens seemed to be completed.  The workers were putting in the water channels along the path.

I reached Medellin Avenue, and although the "Ecoducto" continued, the orange barrels blocking the way seemed to indicate that I shouldn't continue any further.



Looking back you can see the World Trade Center in the background.  Since my condo is just a block away from there, this gives you some idea of how far I had walked... probably about a half mile along Insurgentes Avenue and another half mile along the "Ecoducto".



Again, I think that this is a cool idea, but I will reserve my judgement until I see how well the project is maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment