city at night

city at night

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Dalí Returns

Last April I wrote about an exhibit of sculptures by the Spanish surrealist Salvador Dalí which was displayed outside along the sidewalk of the Paseo de la Reforma.  The bronze statues were from the collection of Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim.  Tuesday as I was walking through the historic center of the city, I came upon another exhibit of Dalí sculptures, once again courtesy of Mr. Slim, and this time located in the atrium of the Church of San Francisco.


Some of them were the same pieces that had been on display before, but there were a number of sculptures that I did not remember from last April.  (Or maybe I'm just getting old, and the memory is getting fuzzy.)


"Surrealist Newton"




"Triumphant Angel"



"Homage to Terpsichore"




Of course there were several pieces with his signature motif... the melting watches.
"Nobility of Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment