city at night

city at night

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Unglued

The last time that I was here in Mexico, I wrote that there is a cabinet in the guest bedroom that is a decent piece of furniture except for the fact that the top was marred and there were sticky spots on it.  I suspect that the owner had glued a television set to the top of the cabinet so that the TV would not fall over in case of an earthquake.  

The other day I took some sandpaper and removed the glue from the top.



The top is even more ugly now, but at least it is no longer sticky.  I brought with me a table runner that I had at home.  It fits perfectly on top of the cabinet, and, I think, the colors go rather well with it.  I also brought from home more of my handicrafts.  I put on top a couple of pieces from my collection of wood carvings (these happen to be from the Mexican state of Chiapas).



Next week I will set up an "ofrenda", a Day of the Dead altar, on top of this cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment