from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Street of Flowers

I wrote in my last post that when I visited the affluent Mexico City neighborhood of Polanco last week, they were celebrating their Festival of Flowers and Parks.  The most amazing part of this festival was along its main shopping street, Avenida Presidente Masaryk.  The street is named after Tomas Masaryk, who was the first president of the Czechoslovakia when that nation was created after World War I.  The avenue has been called the "Rodeo Drive of Mexico City" because it is lined with exclusive designer shops such as Cartier, Dolce & Gabbana and Louis Vuitton.  Obviously, it is not the kind of place which I find appealing or where I would ever shop, but it was quite amazing to see the floral displays which the businesses had for this festival.
































2 comments: