city at night

city at night

Thursday, October 13, 2022

The First Leg

As I write this, I am in the United Club at Houston Airport.  I have more than a two-hour layover, so I thought I would write about the first leg of my journey.

My flight from Cleveland departed at 6:30 A.M., so that meant that I needed to be at the airport at 4:30...  and get up at 3:00 A.M.!  Fortunately, even though I went to bed at 8:00 the night before, I managed to fall asleep quickly and get a good night's sleep.

Even at such an early hour, the airport was quite busy, and there was already a line to pass through security.  One blessing was that we were not required to remove our shoes or take electronics out of our carry-ons.  

When I got on the plane, it was still dark.  We departed on schedule.


We were an hour into our flight before the first light of the morning appeared in the east.


I was looking at the movies available and found one which I had wanted to see.  "Where the Crawdads Sing" is based on an excellent novel that I read a few years ago.  I thought that the movie was very well done.  By the time it was over, we were nearing the end of our flight.  Because of bad weather, we had taken a more westerly route than normal.  When the film was done, we were already over the border of Oklahoma and Texas, and soon the Dallas-Fort Worth area was below us.  (I know that because after the movie I switched to the flight map on the screen.)


Then it was only a short time before we were beginning to descend to Houston.  Because of our longer route, we arrived about fifteen minutes behind schedule.  However, it was a pleasant and uneventful flight.

Soon I will be on my way to Mexico City!

¡Hasta mañana!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment