city at night

city at night

Monday, May 10, 2021

Mothers' Day

Today, May 10th, is Mothers' Day in Mexico.  Unlike the United States, where the day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May, in Mexico it is always the same date.

Alejandro's sister, Sandra (the mother of Ezra) was able to take the day off, and Ezra did not have classes today.  So we had a nice, big breakfast all together.  I then gave Sandra a little present which I had found previously on a trip to the handicrafts market.  I found a hand-made, copper vase from the little town of Santa Clara del Cobre which is famous for its copperware.  She loves butterflies, and when I saw this vase, painted with monarch butterflies, I had to get it for her.




Best wishes to Sandra, and to mothers all over Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment