from airplane

from airplane

Friday, May 7, 2021

Masking Up

 More signs in Mexico City encouraging people to wear masks...

Seen atop some of the newsstands are a series of public service announcements including these two...


 FOR THE FUTURE
The correct use of facemasks help to save lives.



FOR MY GRANDPARENTS
(Certainly an apt sign since so many households in Mexico are multi-generational.)


This illuminated sign inside the Cathedral of Mexico City says,
"At all times wear the facemask in the correct manner."



On busy downtown streets, I saw a couple of these people holding signs encouraging proper use of masks.
They apparently are hired by the city government.



These facemasks were being sold by a vendor on the street.
I did not check them out to see how well made they were, but they are certainly pretty.



As I walk down the streets of Mexico City, I would say that the majority of the people are wearing masks... and wearing them correctly.  That is in spite of the fact that their President has set a bad example, and that there are many people snacking or drinking or smoking who have their mask pulled down.  All these masked people would send that odious baboon, Tucker Carlson, into an apoplectic fit!

2 comments:

  1. If you have time before you must return to Chilly-io, I would love a couple of these with flower designs. I will reimburse you when you return! Gracias! I expect to be wearing a mask for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I will not be going downtown again (where I saw those masks being sold). However, I am going somewhere today where they will probably have some interesting masks. I will pick some up for you.

      Delete