from airplane

from airplane

Monday, August 1, 2022

August Is Here

At the beginning of each month, I have been showing you the photos which I used for the 2022 calendar which I created.  This year all of the photos are of parks and gardens which I have photographed in different parts of the world.

The photo for August is of "Parque La Mexicana" in Mexico City.


The park is located in the Santa Fe district of the city.  In spite of the fact that this area used to be a sand quarry and then a landfill, Santa Fe is now one of the most upscale neighborhoods in Mexico City.  It is filled with ultra-modern, high-rise condos and business headquarters, and it boasts the largest shopping mall in Latin America.  However, its location is rather distant from the rest of the city, and there is a lack of public transportation.  It also lacked green spaces until 2017 when this large park was opened on the site of a former sand quarry.  Other than the architecture of the district, this park is really the only place of any interest to tourists in Santa Fe. 

1 comment:

  1. I just flipped over to Belvedere garden in Vienna, one of my favorite European gardens!

    ReplyDelete