city at night

city at night

Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Gift of Art

Years ago, before I was writing this blog, I was a member of a local fine arts club, and I would participate in art shows where I would sell my paintings.  Although I have numerous pieces of my artwork hanging on the walls of my house, I also have dozens of paintings stashed away in a large storage cabinet.  I am planning on taking many of my favorite pictures to Mexico when I move, but there are many more that I need to get rid of.  I hauled them out of the cabinet and sold several at "bargain basement" prices when I had my yard sale.  I have given others as gifts to friends.  A while ago I picked out a couple of paintings to send to cousins in Europe to whom I had not already given pieces of my artwork.  The postage was exorbitant, but at least they seem to be moving in a timely manner.  I have been tracking those packages on the USPS website.  I sent them on July 22, and they have already arrived at Zurich and Oslo airports.  My cousins Walter and Hans-Peter should receive their gifts this coming week.

As I have mentioned previously, my high school friend Duffy who lives in Puerto Rico is currently up here in Ohio.  Amongst my paintings, was a large one which I did based on a photo that I took while on a trip to that island.  I had taken a whale watching cruise from the town of Rincón on the western coast of Puerto Rico.  We didn't see any whales, but we enjoyed a beautiful sunset.  That inspired a painting which I entitled "Sunset Glow - Rincón, Puerto Rico".  I asked Duffy if he would like to have it, and he was very pleased to receive it.



4 comments: