city at night

city at night

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Street Performer

On busy Mexico City avenues it is not unusual to see performers come out into the street while traffic is stopped at a red light.  Before the light turns green they go around for tips from the waiting motorists.  Thank goodness it's been a long time since I have seen fire breathers doing their hazardous act.  Now it is jugglers who are most commonly seen on the streets.  As I was walking along Insurgentes Avenue I saw this juggler who was particularly good. 

 


I wanted to give him a tip, but when the light turned green he went over to the other side of the street.  I waited for the light to turn red again.  I crossed the avenue as he headed out to perform again, and I gave him a ten peso coin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment