from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sorting Stamps

I told you that on my previous trip to Mexico last April I gave Alejandro's nephew, Ezra, my stamp collection.  I had also purchased some more packets of stamps to add to the collection... a packet of Mexican stamps, another one of stamps from Spain, and a packet of stamps from all over the world.  I bought some more prior to this trip... from Switzerland and Norway... and I sent away for a free offer of stamps from North Korea.

On Friday, my first full day here, Ezra and I spent more than an hour together working on his collection.  We still had about 100 stamps from Mexico to sort and put on the pages of his album.


We really seem to have a good time working on them.  Ezra organizes the stamps... surely not the way a serious philatelist would... but that's OK.  He then decides how he wants put them on the pages of his collection.  We talk about the stamps.  He recognizes some of the famous people portrayed from his studies of Mexican history in school.  

I wish that in between my visits he would spend some time working on his collection on his own.  I had hoped that it would be an activity that would take him away from playing on his tablet so much.  But, unless this little fellow is a really good actor who does not want to hurt my feelings, he truly seems to enjoy the time we spend together.  

We still have lots of stamps to put in his album, and I will have to make another trip to the main post office downtown to buy the latest commemoratives that have been issued since my last visit.  

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful tradition for the two of you! I'm sure he is so happy to have one on one time with you.........even though he does go back to his Tablet. Those are memories he will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on usps.com and buy a whole lot of Forever stamps while they're still 55 cents. The price goes up to 58 cents August 29. Just have them sent to your house. I bought $225 worth on line the other day, including "Backyard Games" which hasn't been issued yet.

    ReplyDelete