from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Birthday Shopping

Alejandro's nephew Ezra will celebrate his birthday next month.  I will not be here at the time, but I wanted to buy him a present.  Perhaps I am projecting my own childhood nerdiness upon Ezra, but I thought that a world globe would be a cool gift for him. 

Last weekend Alejandro and I walked to a nearby shopping mall to see if we could one.  The first store that we entered was Sanborns, a combination restaurant and gift store.  Sure enough, they had a selection of globes on display.  I selected one that lights up.  It also has lots of pictures on the it that will perhaps make it more interesting for someone his age.  The places are all in Spanish, although the globe was made in Italy.  At least it wasn't made in China!

 

Fortunately they had a box for it.  This morning I took the present to a "papelería" (stationery store) just around the corner from my apartment to have it gift wrapped.


The lady who waited on me showed me the different wrapping papers that were appropriate for a young boy's gift, and I chose one 
with dinosaurs.  She wrapped it very carefully, and added a big red bow.  The cost was just 75 pesos (about $3.75 in U.S. currency).





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE globes and used to collect them. I sold them all when I left Houston and now wish I had not because the grandkids here in Mexico would enjoy them.
    I remember I was in the third grade when my Dad gave me my first one for my birthday! Ezra is so going to enjoy that present....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Ezra likes his present.
      I was in elementary school when I asked my parents for a globe for Christmas.

      Delete