from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Lunch Stop

I told you that sooner or later I would be eating at my favorite restaurant, "Angelopolitano".  On Thursday I walked back to the apartment from the Anthropology Museum.  My route takes me past the street where "Angelopolitano" is located.  It was mid-afternoon, and time to eat, so a turn to the left on Puebla Street, and there I was.

"Angelopolitano" has the best "chile en nogada" that I have ever had.  However I figure I would save that for another visit when Alejandro can accompany me.

To drink I had lime and chía flavored water.


Yes, chía, as in "chía pet"!  Did you know that those little seeds are rich in nutrients, fiber, protein and are the richest plant source of omega-3 fatty acids?

I ordered cream of poblano soup.  The presentation is so lovely that it is almost a shame to eat it.  Almost... yum!



For my main course I had chicken breast in "pipián verde" sauce.  "Pipián" is a mild, flavorful sauce made with ground pumpkin seeds.


 Another delicious meal at "Angelopolitano"!

No comments:

Post a Comment