from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

A Change of Pace

Last Saturday Alejandro and I took a break from Mexican food and went to a very good Italian restaurant called "La Posta".  We had been there before a couple of times on previous trips.  It is located on a quiet side street just a five minute walk from my apartment.

We ordered a pitcher of "clericot", a red wine drink that is similar to sangría.  I began with lentil soup and Alejandro had an Italian-style onion soup.



For his main course Alejandro ordered cannelloni.


I had something called "penne Firenze".  The penne pasta was mixed with bacon, chicken and mushrooms.  I'm not sure how authentically Italian it was since the sauce had a Mexican touch with a kick of chipotle peppers.  It was very tasty, authentic or not.


Our desserts were definitely not Italian.  Alejandro had apple strudel, and I had crème brulee with pistachios.


It was a delicious meal.  "La Posta" is one of our favorite non-Mexican restaurants in the neighborhood!


No comments:

Post a Comment