from airplane

from airplane

Monday, February 13, 2023

Perfuming the Apartment

 I frequently buy a bunch of flowers for the apartment from a nearby flower stand.  A few days ago I saw a bunch of nards... something I had not seen before at the stand.  If you are not familiar with nard, it is a flower belonging to the honeysuckle family that has been used for millennia in the making of perfume.

When I asked the owner of the stand for the nards, he suggested that I pair them with a purple flower (whose name I have forgotten), and he added some baby's breath to the bouquet.  


Most of the nard blossoms were still buds, but now that they are opening the living room of the apartment is filled with the beautiful fragrance of the flowers.  Sometimes I even get of whiff of them when I am in another room.

3 comments:

  1. Es agapando o agapanto. BTW, congratulations on your marriage. Wishing you the best and a long happy life together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's agapanto in Spanish, and agapanthus in English. Thanks for identifying the flower!

      Delete