from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, December 3, 2022

The Neighborhood Market

On my last weekend in Mexico, while I was at Alejandro's house, we went to the nearby public market.  I wanted to see what they had in the way of traditional Nativity figures.  The market is much smaller than the Jamaica Market, my favorite in Mexico City.  However, outside the building there were a few stalls set up selling Christmas decorations.  Most of the merchandise was cheap stuff, probably made in China, but there were a couple stalls selling Nativity figures.





I made a few purchases... a sheep and some buildings for my Mexican-style version of Bethlehem.  


I left these items at Alejandro's house, however, because, if all goes according to plan, by Christmas of 2023 I will have permanently moved to Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment