city at night

city at night

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Early Packing

I have been home for less than a week, and I have a month to go before I return to Mexico.  However, I already have one of the suitcases packed for the next trip. 

I fly back to Mexico on January 5th, one day before Epiphany, or the Day of the Kings, as it is known in Mexico.  Down there January 6th is the traditional day for the giving of gifts.  Children believe that it is the Three Kings who bring them presents.  (Some lucky children also get gifts from Santa Claus on Christmas morning.)  There is a fourth King... William of Ohio... who brings gifts to Alejandro's family.

During the course of the year, I am always buying things that I think the family might like.  A couple days ago I finished my Christmas shopping.  So, I packed all the presents into one of my suitcases.


My larger suitcase will be filled with things that I am taking down as I anticipate my eventual permanent move down to Mexico sometime next year.

2 comments: