from airplane

from airplane

Monday, February 28, 2022

Negativo

Tomorrow I return home to Ohio.  I am back at Alejandro's house, and, of course, the main order of business today was to get a COVID antigen test so that I will be allowed on my flight back to the U.S.

As in my previous trips I went to the Laboratorio Jenner which is not far from Alejandro's house.


There were more people at the lab than on my previous visits.  There were no parking spaces, so Alejandro stayed in the car, parked (perhaps illegally) on the street.  I had to wait my turn to go up to the counter.  Fortunately I was still in their computer system from earlier visits, so they already had my information.  The lady said that I would be called in about thirty minutes, which is longer than I have had to wait in the past.  I went out to the car and told Alejandro that it would be a while.  However, I doubt that ten minutes passed before my name was called.  I went into a small room and the lab worker stuck the swab up my nose.  (It tickled more than hurt.)

I am always a bit nervous awaiting the results, but within an hour I received an e-mail that said that I tested negative.  


So, I am clear to fly home tomorrow.  Alejandro printed out my test results.  I have a couple more documents to fill out... one from the Mexican Secretariat of Health, and the other from the CDC in the United States,  I will have to present all of those at the airline desk tomorrow morning.  

By this time tomorrow I will be in Houston waiting for my flight home to Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment