from airplane

from airplane

Friday, February 4, 2022

No, I Am Not Back Home


In spite of what this sign says, no, I am not back home in Ohio.  As I have mentioned before the streets in the "colonia" or neighborhood where I stay are all named after cities and states in the United States.  "Ohio" is a short street which, after crossing Insurgents Avenue, changes its name to "Xola" (pronounced SHOW-la).  "Xola" continues eastward and has a Metrobus line.  After about three miles the street changes its name again to "Napoleón".  Streets in Mexico City have a tendency to change their names frequently!

Anyway, I am definitely glad that I am NOT back in Ohio right now.  They had another major snow storm, and my hometown received an additional 9.5 inches.  The wind drifted the snow, and in some places it was piled up to two feet.  All of the area schools were closed for a "snow day".

My friend Frank, who house-sits for me, sent me some pictures...



I am glad that I am staying longer in Mexico longer than usual this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment