city at night

city at night

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Dining Across the Street

Right across the street from the apartment where I stay when I am in Mexico City, there is a restaurant called "La Bodega".  In spite of its proximity, I had never eaten there until last November.  The day after Election Day, I was like a zombie, and I did not want to go far for supper.  So Alejandro and I crossed the street to "La Bodega".  It turned out to be a very good restaurant, and I smothered my sorrows in excellent Mexican food.

Last night, Alejandro and I went back there, and we had another great meal.

Alejandro started with "sopa campesina", a soup with a chicken stock base, squash blossoms, tortilla strips, cream, and poblano peppers.


 I had "fideo seco", a type of noodle similar to vermicelli.  It was served with cream and a tasty chipotle sauce, and garnished with avocado and cilantro.


As a main course, Alejandro had salmon served with a honey sauce.


I had the chicken breast covered with an excellent "mole poblano".



We shared a decadently rich chocolate mousse dessert.  We got a chuckle over the fact that the menu listed it as "mouse de chocolate".

It was a great meal.  The bill for the two of us, including two glasses of "sangrIa", was around $35 U.S.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're "getting your mole on," and I think I do detect ears in your "mouse."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought we heard the chocolate "Mouse" squeaking, but we devoured it just the same.

      Delete