city at night

city at night

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A Taste of Peru

I noticed that there is a brand new restaurant right across the street from the Plaza de Santa Lucía.  The name of the place is "Peruano", and, obviously, it specializes in the cuisine of Peru.  A couple nights ago I decided to give it a try.


For an appetizer I had potatoes covered with a sauce made from cream and cheese.  It was rather bland.


For my main course I had breaded beef cutlets served with egg, fried banana, and something called "tacu tacu".  I really liked the "tacu tacu".  It's a mixture of beans, rice, tomato and chile peppers.


It was an interesting meal, but I really don't think that I will return to "Peruano".

2 comments:

  1. Second caption above? I've never known you to be bland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Thanks for catching the typo. It should read "It was rather bland."

      Delete